Knitting is kind of method applied for creating different kinds of fabrics by interlocking many different series of loops of either any single yarn or more numbers of yarn. Let us try to discuss about various knitted fabrics and how they are produced and what kind of knitting machines are used for that purpose.
There are two major types of knitting which is also manufactured by Sintelli is commonly done in order to create the fabric.
- Wrap knitting
In the wrap type of knitting there is a formation of loop along the fabric length continuously. Following are few different kinds of wrap knitting machine:
- Tricot knit
- They are usually soft resistant to wrinkle and also has good drape ability
- For many different varieties of fabrics and design or weight this can be used
- Light fabric that weighs even less than 4 ounce per square yard can also be made with this
- Few examples of fabrics knitted are blouses, sleepwear and dresses etc.
- Raschel knit
- This is another important machine used for production of tricot and also used for making many different kinds of products e.g. power nets for foundation dresses, laces, swimwear to carpets.
- Raschel knitting is done where heavy yarns is used and such yarns have usually produced complex pattern of lace
- Crochet knit
- For hand crochet generally, basic stitch is used with this knit
- Also, this construction is used in many different kinds of fabrics which starts from nets and laces and bed spreads and carpets and also different types of trimmings or edgings laces are produced.
- Milanese knit
- This kind of stitch also produces fabrics almost same as tricot.
- You can easily identify by its fine rib on the face and at the back a diagonal pattern
- As compared to tricot in elasticity, smoothness, friction resistance and regularity of structure Milanese fabrics are much superior
- Weft knitting
Weft knitting is one method where loop formation is usually found along the width of the fabric in sequential manner. Following are few different types of weft knitting machines:
- Straight bar frame knitting machine
In this type of machine, lines of needles are normally fixed to some support which is termed as needle bar for movement in unison. Like any machines of any cotton type. In this type of machine, it has two different lines of needles in order to draw loops in opposite direction.
- Flat knitting machine
This type of knitting is a kind of method that produces knitted fabrics in which the work is periodically turned that means the fabric is made in alternate sides that faces the knitter.
- Circular knitting machine
Circular knitting machine is a round form of stitching that can create seamless tube. When you knit in circular manner then knit is cast in such a way that circle is joined by stitches. Knitting is achieved in round form or in the form of spiral.
Nowadays, many new developments are taking place as the demand for various designs of garments are increasing.